Thursday, June 9, 2005

Update: Project idea

Following up on my project idea, I've started a project at SourceForge.net.

It's a C# project instead of a VB.NET project as I feel I need to bump up and get my C# skills going. I have decided on calling it WnSnipLib.NET for now (anybody got any better name ideas?). I have some quick specs drawn up and four developers to start working on it. (As of now, I've only heard from two of them and have them in as developers. One has yet to respond back with his SourceForge user ID and the other I'm getting my mails returned.)

I've decied on an interface similar to Total VB SourceBook from FMS, Inc. The version I am referencing is an older version for VB 6. I would like to transform this tool into a source code repository not only for VB but also for VB.NET, C#, C++, and any other language. The data store would be any database via a plugin. The interface would not only be a standalone application, but it would be a plugin for #develop and VS.NET 2003 and 2005. The interface will also include NDoc support and a code to HTML converter.

Watch here for more! I'll even add the other authors so they can have a place to put .NET code and tips for everyone else.

No comments: